A Grange, first and foremost, is a group of passionate people dedicated to serving their community, and thereby making the world a better place. Here in Aromas we are fortunate to also have a Grange Hall, a friendly, beautiful facility where Grange members and other community organizations can gather for all kinds of events and activities.
At the state and national levels, the Grange is a non-partisan political lobbying organization, historically focused on protecting the rights of farmers and other small landholders and giving them a political voice. In California the Aromas Grange is partnering with other action Granges to help revive the Grange statewide and nationwide, and restore the larger Grange institution to its populist roots.
Click here to see the website of the newly reorganized California State Grange.
In Aromas the Grange is the heart of our active, thriving community. If you want to know what’s going on in town, come join us and find out! We meet on the second Friday of every month, with a fabulous potluck dinner starting at 6:30; the business meeting starts at 7:15.
At the Aromas Community Grange we:
- Host fun events like concerts and movie nights
- Sponsor community dances and special events
- Help those in need with Neighbors Helping Neighbors food giveaways, free senior luncheons & winter jacket project
- Raise money for scholarships through the Teressie White Memorial Scholarship Foundation
- Provide space for meetings, events and fundraisers for local non-profit organizations
- Hold Town Hall meetings and Candidates Forums
- Engage in grassroots organizing around important issues of common concern
- Support our local schools
- Have fun while making a positive difference in our community